Sunday, September 25, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge: A Childhood Memory

This is a ukulele and it was given to Charlotte and her cousin when they were little girls, by my Father! Every time I pass by this little toy, I am flooded with memories of my childhood. My Dad learned to play ukulele when his family was stationed in Hawaii and since that time, he has been entertaining everyone with his music. Music IS my Dad. There was always music playing in the house on his Hi Fi Stereo, rehearsals with his IBM Club trio and late night "sing alongs" for parties, reunions or just family. He had TWO "Ukes" he used for different occassions (not sure why). "Uke ONE" and Uke TWO". He can play it HARD for 50's Medley's or SOFT for sweet songs like "Scotch and Soda". It makes me smile looking at this picture!

No comments: