Sunday, September 25, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge: Self Portrait and 10 Facts



1. I am a mom to a beautiful, almost 10 year old girl named Charlotte.

2. I am married to my college sweetheart, Pete, and we have been married for 20 years (this October). He is truly my best friend.

3. I am scared of whales - seriously, I have bad dreams about them. Would you want to be in the ocean on your raft and a whale swimming next to you? I think not!

4. I am PASSIONATE about music. I forget how much I need it and how therapeutic it is to my soul. The best music is in my car, singing at the top of my lungs.

5. Family is the most important thing in my life and I have and will continue to make sacrifices in order to be with them as much as I can!

6. I am a singer. I studied voice in college, performed in musicals, sang with numerous bands over the years and recently sang with a band that really challenged me vocally. I have dreams of being a studio singer for a living. Just working all day long in one of my MOST favorite places: the recording studio.

7. I LOVE words. You probably already figured this out. My grandfather and my mother loved them too, and we share our love of poetry. Words have so much power to make us feel so many emotions. Combined with music and you have a masterpiece!

8. I HATE those stupid juice box wrappers that stick to your feet because your child doesn't know where the trashcan is located. Every time I step on one and it clings to my shoes I feel like Barney Fife when he gets stinkin' mad! BIG PET PEVE OF MINE!

9. I have a few claims to fame: My family is related to the Clark of "Lewis and Clark". The movie "Giant" was filmed in my Dad's family's childhood home in Charlottesville, Va and I dated Chris Robinson of "The Black Crowes" in high school. Oh...and I once shook Melissa Sue Anderson's (Mary Ingalls - Little House on the Prairie) hand in a parade and it felt like a cold fish.

10. I lOVE to laugh. My mom said one of the best days of her life was when she realized I had a great sense of humor. If you enjoy music, words and laughing...you will be my best friend! I have a very humorous family and I grew up with a lot of laughter in the house. I plan on continuing that tradition in ours!

No comments: