Sunday, September 25, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge: My Most Treasured Item


This is my bunny and I have had her since I was a baby. My grandmother gave her new "clothes" by sewing new fabric over the old, but I loved her so hard that her stuffing is falling out, her nose is gone and her ear has fallen off. At one point in my life, I thought she was lost and all we had left was her missing ear. And let me tell you...that ear has been EVERYWHERE! My mom brought me that ear for GOOD LUCK on opening night of one of my college plays. I gave that same ear to Sarah when she was pregnant with Molly. She split the ear for the both of us when I was pregnant with Charlotte and each half was sewn with baby fleece fabric. The most wonderful surprise was when my mother's dear friend painted a watercolor of my bunny to put in Charlotte's nursery...but the very best, was opening a box and inside was the bunny I thought I had lost. My mother FOUND HER! She now sits on my dressing table next to her portrait.

No comments: