Sunday, September 25, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge: Hands



This is a picture of the hands of Charlotte and her cousins. Molly and Meg.  Every summer, at Folly Beach, I bring my big bucket of nail polish and I give the girls "Mani's and Pedi's" before we go on the beach.  Together we create bright colors, stripes and dots on their fingernail canvases!  We have been doing this fora long time and It has become our summer tradition.  Years from now, this picture will change.  Their hands will grow, their fingers will elongate and some will even have long nails.  It will be the hands of young ladies.  Hands that hold boys hands, hands that dial phone numbers and text.  Will they still allow me to create masterpieces on their grown up fingernails?  I really hope so....

"It will be gone before you know it. The fingerprints on the wall appear higher and higher. Then suddenly they disappear. - Dorothy Evslin"

No comments: